Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tofurky Chorizo Style Meatless Crumbles

Tofurky is such a wonderful meatless, vegan and kosher product.  I could not resist trying the chorizo style meatless crumbles.  I grabbed a pack and went home to make tacos.  I emptied the contents of the pack into a pan and browned the crumbles.  The soy crumbles were heavily coated in a red sauce and I recognized the smell of "taco flavored" seasoning.  I prepared the tacos and took a bite...the crumbles had a good chorizo taste and texture.  This product is not overly spicy, so I recommend it for kids as well.  What you see in my pan below is one pack which makes a lot. There is no need to add salt or any other seasoning as the soy is thoroughly seasoned.  The soy tacos were tasty, easy to prepare and budget friendly as well. 
Photos by ThatSillyGirl


No comments:

Post a Comment