Sunday, November 27, 2011

Indian food: My favorite!

My absolute favorite food is Indian food and my favorite dish is Dal Makhani.  Although, Dal Makhani may seem simple, the layers of flavor are delightful.  Dal Makhani is from Punjab in India and consist of black lentils, red kidney beans, cream and/or butter and various spices.  Makhani means "buttery" and the Dal is cooked for hours to give it a buttery and creamy texture.  I enjoy my Dal with basmati rice and naan.

Indian food offers many flavorful and filling vegetarian dishes.  I am confident that when I go to an Indian restaurant, I will have vegetarian options and my non-vegetarian friends will have many options as well.

If you are passing through Fort Lauderdale, Florida and looking for some delicious Indian cuisine, stop by the Bombay Cafe for the lunch buffet or dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment