Sunday, November 9, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Trifle

Are you looking for a dessert to bring to a potluck or holiday party? Well, you certainly can't go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate. I decided to make a trifle because of the visual appeal it has. You can pick up a trifle bowl in the home goods section of most stores. I purchased my bowl from Target some years ago.
 
This dessert takes time to prepare. First you need to bake the brownies and then prepare the pudding... all while creating the peanut butter fluff. Make sure the chocolate pudding is completely cooled before layering. Patience is key and taking extra time to evenly layer this dessert is very important. Be careful not to run out of filling - save some for the second layer.
 
Peanut butter chocolate trifle
I used Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Brownies, but I was not happy with their chewiness when combined to make this dessert. I have made similar trifles before that called for chocolate cake. Maybe this would have been better with cake instead of brownies.
 
This dessert says it serves 15 and I would say that's a fair estimate considering how rich it is. You can find the recipe here. Looking for another trifle idea? Check out my Death by Chocolate Trifle post for the chocolate lover in your life.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment