Saturday, February 22, 2014

Tandoor Chef's Masala Dosa frozen entree

The product:  I grabbed Tandoor Chef's Masala Dosa on a quick trip to Whole Foods.  I love Indian food with its many vegetarian options.  There were four individually wrapped masala dosa in the box with two packs of chutney that required 10 to 15 seconds in the microwave.  The product is not microwave friendly and the preferred method of cooking is a griddle.  I do not have a griddle so I went with option #2 my oven.  The product took an extra 4 minutes in the oven.  It cooked up crispy on the outside and was easy to plate.
 
The taste test: The outer shell was airy and crisp.  The potato, rice and onion filling was hearty, rich and nicely spiced.   The chutney mix of coconut and spices and complimented the masala dosa. 
 
Tandoor Chef's Masla Dosa
The verdict:  I enjoyed Tandoor Chef's Masala Dosa.  Unfortunately, due to the griddle and/or oven cooking methods this is not something I could take for lunch at the office.

Chutney

No comments:

Post a Comment