Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Amy's Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash & Chard

The product:  Upon finding this in the frozen section at Whole Foods I had high hopes. I'm no stranger to Quinoa.  I have been eating a lot of butternut squash lately considering the cooler weather. Throw in some black beans and Swiss chard and I was sold!
 

The taste test: I tried this product at lunch today. It heated up nicely in the microwave. It was not fragrant, but within the first bite I knew I needed to pick up a few more. The quinoa, butternut squash and chard were tender. The black beans complimented the dish. 

Amy's Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash & Chard
 
The verdict:  Amy's hit one out of the park with this simple yet tasty light and lean meal.  Time to go pick up some more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment