Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Starbucks' Hearty Veggie & Brown Rice Salad Bowl

Head to your local Starbucks and pick up their latest vegetarian friendly creation.  I stopped by on my way to work and the new Hearty Veggie & Brown Rice Salad Bowl caught my eye. 


Starbucks' Hearty Veggie& Brown Rice Salad Bowl
At lunch time I inspected the "bowl."  Wow... there is a lot going on with this bowl and it is packed with veggies. It includes brown rice, butternut squash, broccoli, peas, roasted beets, kale, red cabbage and roasted tomatoes and a lemon tahini dressing to top everything off.

The tartness of the lemony dressing and kale are balanced by the sweetness of the peas and butternut squash.  The cabbage provides a nice crunch and the brown rice is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.  Did you know that brown rice has six times the fiber of white rice?

Overall, the bowl was very filling and I had some leftovers.  I would have liked a bit more dressing, but what a great medley of flavors and textures!   
 
 



1 comment:

  1. I love it! Gives me an idea of a salad I can prepare on my own!

    ReplyDelete