Monday, June 27, 2016

Morning Star Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets (meatless)

I was browsing the Morning Star Farms section in Publix.  I found these Hickory BBQ Riblets that I have seen at Publix before, but never tried.  I was hesitant to try them because even when I was younger (much younger) and ate meat, I did not care for ribs.  

Morning Star Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets
These meatless riblets are packed with 16 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber.  They come in two individually wrapped packs and the portion is a good size as well.  The preferred way to prepare the riblets is to microwave them.  Again, this is yet another easy to prepare and protein packed meatless meal.
Morning Star Farms Hickory BBQ Riblets
The riblets smelled wonderful as they heated in the microwave.  Overall, the texture is very "meaty," dense and somewhat resembles ribs.  Unfortunately, I was not a fan of the texture, but the bbq sauce was tasty.  I am not sure if my dislike for these is because I was never really a rib eater in the first place. Try them for yourself and see what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment